Consultant on an evaluation of a food fortification project implemented in Uganda with funding from the German Federal Ministry of Development Cooperation (BMZ). The project was instituted under the develoPPP.de initiative that supported private-public partnerships in developing country projects which had both private financial and public social development objectives, and implemented in collaboration with Mühlenchemie, a private German firm specializing in manufacturing flour improvers, the Ugandan Ministry of Health, and several private flour milling companies in Uganda.
Tasks completed include:
- Design of data collection instruments including interview guides, mystery shopper guides and focus group discussions.
- Primary qualitative data collection from key project stakeholders in government, civil society and the private sector
- Analysis of project documents and secondary data concerning the food fortification sector in Uganda
- Preparation of context analysis for the flour milling sector in Uganda to underpin the evaluation.
- Contributing to drafting the final evaluation report on the food fortification Project in Uganda